My Mom and I finally got together and finished our quilt tops!
I think they both turned out really well. I can't believe this is my Mom's first attempt at quilting!!! I think she did an amazing job:
Here is one of mine - the other is still in progress. I LOVE how this turned out. I ended up using a linen blend for the sashing. It was an accident, I had planned on using some white kona cotton, but I think the linen looks pretty good.
Because I am a teeny tiny bt OCD I had to make the layout of the quilt top as "random" as possible and by random I mean I didn't want any kind of pattern at all. But that, as it turns out, is impossible. But after Aaron helped me sort it out I came to an arrangement I can live with, although I wish it could be different.
The next step is quilting, which I have been dreading because I stink at free motion quilting and I don't want to ruin all my hard work. I am thinking of taking a free motion quilting class to see if that makes a difference. I love this top, I would hate to screw it up with terrible quilting!