Friday, April 3, 2009

Vintage Quilt Part 2

I am moving right along on my vintage quilt for the Oh, Fransson! Mod Quilt Along. I have all but about 8 blocks done on this one (and about the same on my other quilt too) and I am LOVING IT! I have been saving up these vintage linens for quite awhile and I am so happy to finally be using them.

I was dissatisfied with my original green print, so after some judicious internet shopping I found this which I really like:


I decided to have a pieced binding using all the vintage fabrics, I think it is going to look really cute:

All the pieces I had made as of last night:

Tomorrow Mom is coming over for sewing. I am hoping to have at least one of the tops finished (maybe both) and then it is quilting time - and I am nervous because I have never done free motion quilting before. If I was rich I would send it out to be quilted so I didn't have to worry about ruining all my hard work!

No comments: